5.31.2012

Fun {Hot} Park Play

Today we met up with our friend Aimee.
We decided to head to Forsyth Park so the kids
could run & play
and get a little wet in the fountain
while Aimee and I talked shop...photography!

Things rarely go as planned though!
The girls did get to run & play on the playground
but the fountain was closed
so no water play today.
Between that and the massive blow-out incident
Addie Grace blessed us with
(like take her to the bathroom, strip her down IN the sink and do my best
 to clean the 75% of her body
which was covered with poop...and her extra clothes were in the car with the wipes, several blocks away),
and trying to get to our cars before the storm that was
quickly
approaching broke loose,
well, it was a tad crazy
and definitely not planned!
Good thing we know how to roll with it!
The girls had a blast
and can't wait to visit the park again!


Crista kept asking,
"you're not going to put this on the blog, are you?"

Why yes, Crista.
Yes I am!



While the kiddos played
Aimee and I took pictures.


After quickly saying our goodbyes
and rushing to our cars,
we started for home.
The rains were torrential at times but we made it home
to clear skies and sunshine.
Darn you South Georgia crazy afternoon pop up showers!!

The girls and I had some great outside play once we were home.
The girls were working hard
building a campfire.





And of course there was lots of swinging involved too!
My girls love to swing!



All in all, it was a great day!
The girls wore themselves out playing!
I love summer days like this!!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Crista looks adorable in her glasses! You have a knack for photography trips ending up in downpours :)

Hannah said...

Okay... I had to leave earlier but I wanted to come back and say how cute they with their campfire :). Dmitry will be happy to help them next time we meet up :)