11.15.2011

County Fair

Crista and I had been looking forward to the fair
for a year now...
since last year's fair to be exact!
And this year did not disappoint!!

Last year at the fair
Addie Grace wasn't walking yet
and I carried her around in my Bjorn carrier.
And she slept through almost all of it!
This year we figured she may enjoy herself
on the carousel at least.
Boy were we wrong.
If Sissy rode it, she wanted to ride it.
We should've bought her a wrist band too!
I can honestly say that Addie Grace LOVED the fair
and LOVED being a big girl with Crista by her side!
And I also must add that Crista is absolutely the most amazing
big sister ever.
Hands down!
This was Addie's first ride
and Crista thought she may be a little scared at first
so she held her hand.
*so precious*
But as you can see, my fearless child
enjoyed herself very very much!



And as you can see,
my eldest also enjoyed herself
very very much as well...
although she barely tolerated her photog Mama
sticking a camera in her face at every turn.


Did I mention that Addie Grace had a blast at the fair??

For weeks now,
since the first big sign went up advertising the fair,
Crista and I have been talking about going on a big ride this year...
the Ferris Wheel.
Last year she decided after looking at it that she'd rather pass on it.
But this year
she wanted to try it.
And I was so excited to ride it with her
(Jake's not a fan of these types of rides)

 
As you can see,
It took Crista a few trips around to realize it was actually fun.
Me, on the other hand...I was her rock.
Telling her how awesome it was!

Well......
 actually......
 that's not exactly true.
I'm the chicken sitting beside Crista
with the white knuckles
saying,
"Don't move!"
 "Don't lean forward!!"
"Stop making us rock...the sign says 'Danger!' "
Yep, that's me.
I never let go of that bar, and made Crista grab onto me
for the duration of the ride.
And if I didn't scare her off from ever riding on of those things again,
nothing will!
I guess I just forgot how stinkin' scary those things are!! 

We ended up the afternoon with a ride down the big slide.
All 3 of us thought that was a pretty great ride!

But you know the absolute greatest thing about the fair???
Crista won first place
in the fair's photography contest!!!
Talk about a proud moment for this Mama!
Crista's award winning photo is just above her head,
the one with the BLUE RIBBON dangling from it!!


Crista has already said
she can't wait for next year's fair.
I'm pretty sure Addie would share those same sentiments if she could :-)

3 comments:

vaneblu said...

awww WAY TO GO CRISTA!!!

Hannah said...

Oh. My. Goodness! Yay Crista!! She is a super star photographer just like her mommy :)

Ok. I am cracking up at your Ferris Wheel adventure. My mom did that same thing to me on a ride called the spider it scared me to death. She was in it saying "Help me Jesus!" over and over and over again. It still cracks me up but to this day I am still terrified of most of the rides.

Hannah said...

PS. I totally forgot...LOVE Addie's big happy grin in the car :)