4.04.2011

S.L.A.C.K.E.R.

I bet you were thinking to yourself,
"Goodness, Melinda sure is a slacker
when it comes to her blog!"
I've so very behind on everything blog-related these days.
In fact, I still have posts to put up from this past summer!!
And the blog header is so out-dated.
I'm so terrible!
I've been enjoying the slower pace of life recently,
not having many...if any...comittments.
but in the past couple of months I've decided to take on
a few new responsibilities.
Jake and I are co-teachers for a new Sunday School class
that targets newly married, engaged, or seriously dating couples.
It has been a tremendous blessing to us
getting to know and investing our lives in some of the sweetest couples in our church!
Jake is now leading our praise band for the morning worship service,
until the church can hire a music minister.
{he's doing a fabulous job, by the way!!}
I've jumped back into my first love,
youth ministry
and I'm really enjoying being a volunteer during their Sunday night meetings
as well as one of the Sr High girls small group leaders.
And last week I added 3 children to my daily routine.
They needed someone to watch them and I was willing to do it!
So on a "normal" day I have
a 4 year old
a 3 year old
2 two year olds...who I'm potty training
and a 1 year old
in my charge.
Whew!
But honestly, I'm loving every minute of it!
On top of that,
I'm still doing my photography on the side.
So I'm sure you can see why the blog has been lacking as of late :-)

So here's my contribution for the time being,
just to say that I've updated the blog :-)

Addie's absolute favorite.
She hears the water running and squeals with excitement,
runs into the bathroom
and immediately tries to climb into the tub...whether her clothes are off or not!








Guess its Crista's favorite too!


Okay, okay...its MY favorite too.
Maybe because I love seeing my girls play so great together.
Or maybe its because they go to bed directly after their bath.
:-)
:-)

11 comments:

Aileen said...

I love the bath pictures! My boys are OBSESSED with bath time. All of us end up totally soaked by the time it is all said and done.

You have your hands-and your heart-really full right now, so you just enjoy that and we'll take whatever blogging you can squeeze in!

nora said...

Our tub has been so crazy crowded lately - all three girls, crammed in, but it is one of my favorite moments of the day!

Good for you - sounds like you have a full life - its intentional, balanced and joyful! Perfect!

Kimberly said...

Melinda, I love your blog so much! You just seem so content with life and the blessings God has given you!
You sound very busy these days, but I am sure everything you are involved in (from church to watching the kids) is very rewarding!
God Bless!

Cadie said...

Love the bath pictures! We are big fans of bath time over here, too! Your girls are so cute and look so happy!

Tiffany said...

So sweet, love the first one:) Sounds like a busy, happy, house.

Tiffany

Lilysmom said...

Love the first picture that tooshie is adorable!!! Lily's cute red shoes came from her cousin and she has been wearing them since she was 2. They finally fit:0)

Lauren said...

wow! I can totally understand why you haven't been blogging as much! :) Your life sounds busy but wonderful! I love all the photos!

Unknown said...

Your girls are absolutely adorable.

Hannah said...

I am SO in love with that top picture. That is the most awesome shot of yours ever. I LOVE it. You need to enter it into a contest. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

I am in the same boat at you. I am such a slacker. My blog needs redone but I am not sure how to do it. I haven't even sat at the computer in weeks...unless it's to pay bills. I haven't commented on any blogs...NOT EVEN YOURS!!

It's been crazy. I miss sitting down. I miss quiet. I miss you :)

Counting down the days!!
PS...you're totally taking a family shot of us at the beach :)

Lindy D. said...

These are great pictures with lots of interesting texture and shapes. My favorite photo is the one of Crista feeding Addie bath water. LOL.

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I"m so far behand too! those are some seriousely cute pictures!