4.11.2011

Prelude to Summer

Saturday my mom and I took the girls to
the Strawberry Patch.
It was the hottest day we've had yet
with temps in the 90's.
Just right for a little berry pickin'!



Crista got busy right away,
determined to fill up her basket with the
most red,
most {perfect}
strawberries in the patch.


Addie Grace went straight to work too


but she had her own agenda.
It was to pop-a-squat
and eat one juicy berry after another.
And she didn't seem to mind one bit that Crista was working
tirelessly
while she was eating
endlessly.


She didn't seem to mind Grandma working either.
Grandma was her supplier after all.
Nope, Addie Grace was too busy noshing to care
:-)
But don't think that Crista
was all work and no play.
We are Browns after all...
we like to eat!!


5 comments:

Steph said...

Love it! Those berries look delicious :)

Hannah said...

I love Addie eating berries face. it's the same expression in each photo. She means business!

I love how your strawberry fields are built up. Ours aren't like that. I'm also jealous that you're already enjoying strawberries! We have to wait until the end of May. Boo!

Lalla said...

1. I'm totally jealous. 90 degree weather in April. We need to move down south.

2. It looks like the girls had so much fun! :-)

As always, your pictures are great!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Strawberries, its way to early for them! what a crazy warm place you live.

vaneblu said...

I need a strawberry picking field here!
I also love Addie's face while eating berries, SO cute!