As I mentioned in the previous post,
Papaw & Mamaw were here.
It's evidenced by
spoiled children,
forbidden candy in the cabinet
and new gifts scattered around the house.
But I'm told that's what grandparents do...
spoil them and leave them :-)
We were so fortunate to take a few day trips during
Papaw & Mamaw's week-long visit.
I tell ya, the weather was absolute perfection.
Perfection!!
On our first day's outing we went to Oatland Island and then to
River Street to eat Spanky's for lunch.
I'll tell you right now, I have many pictures of Oatland Island
and absolutely none of Spanky.
That's because I'm mad at Spanky's.
Can you believe in that whole restaurant there was only ONE thing I could eat.
ONE.
And it was a very unimpressive side salad.
Everything else had milk or butter in it.
Everything.
Anyway, I digress....
Oatland Island was really incredible.
Its a wildlife center near Savannah
and we had so much fun seeing all the animals!
Crista really wasn't into taking pictures that day...
{she told me so}.
But Addie can't talk yet :-)
so I took advantage of that fact.
Addie tried her first non-mashed banana
And loved it!
(Almost as much as Mamaw loved feeding it to her!)
But the best part of the day was just
being together.


















6 comments:
I love the pictures! I can't wait to see you guys again, hopefully soon. Did Crista get our letter?
Great pictures! The last one is awesome of you and your beautiful family!
I love these pictures. The girls seem to have picked right up where they left off with their grandparents. Love the pictures of Addie with her mamaw eating a banana and laying her head on her shoulder. So sweet! She is standing up so well. Are you going to have an early walker?
The kids love looking at pictures of their cousins. I think they are really starting to understand how far away you are. But that doesn't keep them from talking about them constantly or even (pretend) talking to them or uncle Jake on their (fake) cell phones. I hope all is well and you are doing good. Now, no more moves for a while, right?!?!
Love the family picture! That is great. The picture of Addie and your MIL is so sweet. You can just feel the peacefulness. Love it.
Miss you guys! Glad you are enjoying life and the Lord is blessing you :)
Love the banana picture and of Addi cruising with those cute little chubby legs. Looks beautiful there.
Post a Comment