While Papaw & Mamaw were here
we were treated to a fun day at the zoo in Jacksonville.
Daddy had to work and we missed him terribly
but we managed to have a good time anyway.
The day was so perfect,
from the weather
to the active animals
to our girls who were so very very good,
{as usual}!
It was a memorable day filled with
laughter
shoulder rides
and lots of hand holding.
Love how these day trips puts the biggest grins on Crista's face!
It seems every time we visit a zoo
Crista has a new favorite animal.
This year it was the elephants.
She couldn't wait to see them,
seemed mesmerized by them,
and is still taking about those ginormas mammals.
I love how carefree Crista looks here.
Oh, to be a kid again!
No worries,
no cares.
Just the single responsibility to be happy!
Addie was just loving being outdoors.
She's the most content when outside.
Being in Mamaw's arms didn't hurt either :-)
Another favorite from the day,
the carousel.
She rode twice.
The first with Mamaw right beside her.
The second she wanted a little independence.
Notice which animal she chose to ride.
It was the theme of her day.
I love going and doing fun activities with the kids.
But for me, it doesn't matter WHAT we do,
but rather WHO we do it with.
This is what the day at the zoo was all about for me.
Spending time with my family.
Precious, uninterrupted time with them.
This next picture took me by surprise.
Crista looks so much older here to me.
At some point recently,
she grew up on me.
I have a love/hate relationship with her growing older.
But there are times I still can see
remnants of a toddler.
I love those days :-)
I love those days :-)
Either way,
whether she looks grown or little,
she is stunningly beautiful.
And for those of you who don't know her in real life,
she's even more delightful on the inside.
Truly, she is the most charming child!
So glad she calls {me} Mama!
Addie Grace finally took a little cat nap.
She was afraid she'd miss something!
She loved being at the zoo just as much as Crista!
It was an extraordinary day!
Exhausting, but extraordinary!
Thank you Papaw & Mamaw for another perfect day!
























4 comments:
WHAT??you were at the Jacksonville Zoo??I live maybe 15 or 20 min away from the Zoo. Was that just a one day trip? I would love to meet you in person!
Dani
Your Cristabelle is so stunning. I'm glad she was in the mood to have her picture taken this time! Would love to see a video clip to catch a glimpse of her darling personality.
wow, really truely amazing pictures. Love the hand holding, and shadows, oh and that beautiful picture of Crista. So what lens to you start using after your kit lens? I've only used the 50mm/1.8f but lamost considering trying the kit lens that came on Joe's camera (film) so that I don't have to be so far away when I am stuck inside this winter, it might be junk I dont' know, but really with the relationship my camera and I have it really doesn't matter.
I do know Crista and she is EVERYTHING you said here and more that can't be put into words. You are a lucky lady to receive such a gift from the Lord...but then again he pick you because you are just as awesome!!
BTW that picture of you holding her hand...is now my new all time favorite!! LOVE it!
Post a Comment