Must time really go by go quickly?
As I watch Addie Grace's baby days
slip by silently,
I am amazed at how suddenly she changes.
Her looks,
her abilities,
and her special little ways.
I am also amazed that I get to witness her becoming
her own little person.
A little person who loves to be read to,
loves to snuggle with her Dollie,
loves to be outside, especially playing in the sand, and
passionately loves her pacifier.
A little person who knows what she wants,
her sippy cup
and cheerios,
and doesn't like for Grandma to leave without taking her too.
A little person who wears her mood loudly,
kicking her feet when happy
and balling up her fists when not.
We see much more of her happy feet than her fists :-)
Sweet Addie has learned this month to pull herself to standing
and thinks its {the greatest accomplishment} each time she does it.
She's getting much braver and will let go with one hand,
and has become quite graceful going from standing back to crawling.
Addie Grace is a toddler-in-training
and is constantly on the go
and always into everything.
She's learning to crawl up and down the 2 steps in the house
and loves exploring all the nooks and crannies she can find.
Addie is becoming more and more vocal.
She says 4 words very plainly,
Mama, Dada, bye bye, & all done.
She signs more, bye bye & all done as well.
She also does "So Big" with her arms going straight up over her head
and grins like she's so very proud of herself.
She understands so much of what we say now and can follow simple
one-step commands.
For example, she loves it when I say,
"Give Mama your paci!"
"Give Mama your paci!"
because she promptly stuffs it in my mouth and grins her biggest gummiest grin.
Love that grin of hers!
And speaking of gummy grins, we still have NO teeth yet!
NONE!
Addie now weighs 17.4 lbs,
wears 6-9 month and 9 month clothing
and wears size 3 diapers.
and wears size 3 diapers.
She's still petite but healthy!
I can't complain on her eating.
She is still nursing great, every 4-5 hours
and eats 3 meals a day with 2 small snacks in between as well.
Addie has decided though that our nursing sessions are not just for nourishment.
She expects dinner AND a show.
She wants me to sing to her the whole time and if I should stop singing
she stops eating,
looks at me with furrowed brows,
and won't latch on again until I start singing again.
Yep, dinner and a show!
Addie is still sleeping pretty well,
although she's not consistent.
Some nights she'll sleep close to 12 hours, eat, and sleep another 2.
Other nights she's up twice wanting to eat.
Most nights she sleeps at least 12 hours, bedtime being around 6:45pm
and waking once to nurse around 3 or 4am.
She's able to put herself to sleep easily and with no tears.
Addie takes 2 naps a day, both for 1 1/2 hours
and has dropped that last little catnap at the end of the day.
There are three things I hear from strangers all the time about Addie Grace,
one is that she is the happiest baby.
It's true.
She is super happy and content.
Second, is that she has the bluest eyes.
Didn't get it from me.
Didn't get it from Jake.
Those beauties are a family trait from my Mama's side of the family.
And the last is that Addie looks like the Gerber baby.
Seriously, if I had a quarter every time I heard it,
I'd have a nice little college fund for Addie!
I say it every month but I just can't believe another month has passed us by.
We love you more and more each day Pumpkin!
Thank you for adding so much joy to our
happy little home!














6 comments:
What a sweetie with the most gorgeous eyes ever!!!
She is so cute. And it sounds like she has a great big personality in that petite body! I love how you document all the little details. Makes me wish I had been more diligent writing things down.
SUCH A sweet post and your photos are STUNNING.
She is so gorgeous! Dont fret about the teeth. They arent all they are cracked up to be ;) I cant believe what a champion sleeper you have! I know you worked at it. So amazing that she is talking. C mainly says Mama and Dada. He also says Baba and Nana. No he isnt asking for a bottle. lol I think he is starting to associate words more but boys are slower in the communication department. At this point everything is OH! I need to do a 10 month post with pictures! I just feel so inferior to your pics! They are gorgeous. We need to catch up.
Let me just say... SWEETNESS!! I just can't stand it. She is so stinking cute.
That last picture is just killing me. Perfection and a big toothless grin :)
Just adorable, what else can be said!
Maya didn't start breaking thru her first tooth until 10 months old. I was so excited, but really teeth and teething suck!
Post a Comment