5.01.2014

It Is Finished!

When I answered God's calling
to homeschool
last spring,
I honestly wasn't sure what the 2013-14 school year
would hold.
I was nervous
and overwhelmed
thinking that my girls' education
now rested
squarely on my shoulders.
But now,
a year later,
I can honestly say
this has been the best year
I've had with my family!
The Classical Conversation school year
is officially over
and Crista has about a week left of
her second grade material
and we can say goodbye to second grade
and hello to
third grade!
Addie Grace has only a few pages left
of her Pre-PreK
material as well.
Both girls have come so far this year
in their studies
and I couldn't be more proud and satisfied
with their accomplishments!
 
The last day of CC
was a F.U.N one!
There was cake with all the student's names on it.
Can you find Crista's??

 
 
 
 
For the previous weeks
the children have been working on
building bridges
out of straws and masking tape.
They worked in groups
and on this day they
got to test the strength of their bridge.

 
 Crista started in the penny group
but when they used up all the pennies
and her bridge was still holding up,
she was sent to the book group.
 
Crista's bridge was able to hold 3 hardback books
before collapsing.
Pretty impressive to me :-)
The winner's bridge was able to hold 7.
 
Another project the kids had been working on
was a protective case for their egg
for an egg drop.
They were given popsicle sticks and rubber bands
for supplies.

Crista's was tested twice,
the second being from the highest
point on campus.
Her egg dropped safely to the ground
without cracking.
It was a good day all the way around!

 
Addie Grace loved her little "class"
this year as well.
Ms Jackie was the sweetest "teacher"
but Addie will tell you,
she's very excited about graduating into a real class next fall!
She'll be starting Pre-K with CC and can't wait
to be a big kid!
 
Our CC Community does an end of the year program each spring
to showcase
some of the memory work
the students learned throughout the year.
We made this into a big deal with our little family
and took Crista out to a special dinner.
We're just so proud of all of her hard work this year!

 
Can't believe our second grade year is over!!
How can it be that I have a THIRD grader now?!
 
And this little girl is determined to read next year.
She's working hard on her phonics now
so she can read her Biscuit books
all by herself!

 
This is Crista's class
doing the Geometry song.
 
The class stating the Associative Law for
Addition and Multiplication.
 

 
I'm so thankful I said "Yes" to God
when he called us to be a
homeschooling family.
I can't imagine missing out
on all these wonderful memories
that homeschooling gave us this year!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey there! I found my way back to bloggy world and have lots to catch up on. I would love to learn more about classical conversations. I looked it up and I have a church in my area that does it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Brown Family on a job well done! Happy End of School!