5.02.2014

Sometimes

Sometimes,
school doesn't happen in a classroom.
Sometimes it happens
while delighting in one another
over a picnic lunch
and marveling at God's creation.


Sometimes,
school doesn't happen with pen and paper,
but rather
with the endless supplies
God gives to us naturally.



 
Sometimes,
school doesn't happen when the teacher speaks
but rather,
when the children laugh and play
and enjoy the {gift} they have
in one other.
 
Sometimes,
school doesn't happen in uniforms and bows
and while donning the latest trend in footwear.
Sometimes,
learning is simple and messy.

 
Sometimes,
school doesn't happen while
learning what's in a book.
Sometimes,
creativity breaks down that box
and opens up a whole new world
to master.
 


 
Sometimes,
all that's needed for learning
are a few sticks and sand.
And maybe a watering can.
Or two.

 
 
Sometimes,
learning looks just like this.


 Our very first skip day.
I call it a successful day of schooling :-)


Linking up with
 

Managing Your Blessings

2 comments:

CaSandra said...

This has to be one of my FAVORITE posts of yours (and trust me, I have ** lots ** of favorites). I love your fresh perspective on life and learning. Teacher of the year goes to YOU!!!

Hannah said...

Skip days are awesome. I don't think we had any...well any like this. More like skipping because our plate was too full of other stuff. Those skip days are not near as awesome as this kind. I just love seeing your kids blossom at home, it's a pretty cool gift :)