The days,
recently,
have been almost perfect.
In spite of Crista
getting over a sinus infection
and Addie Grace and I
fighting off one now,
the days have been exciting and full and bright.
We started this morning off with a little science experiment.
We gathered our supplies...
vinegar in a Ziploc
warm water
and
baking soda.
Oh, and did I mention
the girls had a
self-proclaimed
Mis-Match Day?!
Most obvious by their choice in footwear.
Back to the experiment ;-)
I asked the girls
what they thought would happen.
Crista guessed it would explode.
Addie did too.
Because she always answers the same as her big sis.
We mixed the liquids
and added the baking soda
and sealed the bags
and waited.
The first attempt was an epic FAIL.
The bag was too large
and the ingredients did not produce enough carbon dioxide
to fill the bag completely.
So, we tried again,
this time with a smaller Ziploc.
Worked like a charm
the second time!
The girls loved our little explosion
and wanted to do it again!
After supper,
the weather was just too perfect
not to enjoy.
So we took a family bike ride...
this time with Addie Grace
riding on her own bike!
This was her first family bike ride with us
and she did wonderfully!
We rode about 2.5 miles and she
kept up like a pro!
Not too shabby for her first attempt!
I'm so thankful to live in a small, quaint community where
we can take long family bike rides.
I'm thankful for perfect spring weather
that begs us to enjoy.
I'm thankful for uninterrupted family time
where we can all reconnect and soak in
each other.
I'm just so thankful!




















2 comments:
I did this experiment in school, but I put the ingredients in a clear(ish) balloon. Pretty cool since it blows itself up, luckily not too much!
what a cool experiment! im gonna have to steal this one! i just saw your comment you left on noras 1 month post (shes 2 months today!) thanks! i didnt know if anyone but my mom even checked my blog anymore since im sucha bad blogger! i just dont have the time to sit and blog like i used to!!!! your girls are getting so big! and such sweet cuties (as always!) glad your summer is going great! and thanks again for stopping by and leaving a comment! that made my day!
Post a Comment