Christmas was good to us this year!
I have to admit,
I was a little
Bah Humbug-ish
this year.
Ask Jake.
He'll tell you!
But to put things back into perspective,
we headed out Christmas eve to our
church's candlelight service.
In a rare treat,
we got to worship as a family!
And the kids loved participating in
lighting the candles
and singing
Silent Night.
After a quick supper at the Burger King,
which just so happens to be the ONLY thing open
in our little town
on Christmas Eve,
we headed home
to put on pajamas,
sprinkle reindeer food on the front lawn,
and set out cookies for the
big jolly man.
I guess the cookies were pretty good,
because he left the girls
exactly what they asked for!
Christmas morning,
Crista was up and dressed before the rest of the house
was stirring.
Since she was already dressed,
I wanted all of us to be dressed.
So they camped out on our bed,
watching
clips from the movie,
Frozen,
until Jake and I were ready.
I was told it was a long wait :-)
The girls received these cute water bottles
in their stockings!
It looks just like them!
Santa got Crista pink skateboard
with elbow & knee pads
and Addie Grace received a new bike.
Now before I go on with the post,
I have to give you a little background info.
The girls love gum
but they're only allowed to have it on Sundays,
on the way to church.
Very seldom do I allow gum at any other times.
Sundays are gum days around here :-)
So imagine their surprise when Santa left a WHOLE pack of gum,
just for them
in their stocking.
That was by far
Addie Grace's favorite gift.
See the above photo...
gum in mouth
and the pack in her pocket.
This year we skyped Papaw and Mamaw
so they were able to join us for our Christmas morning festivities!
Addie Grace had to show them her gum,
and tried to give them a piece through the screen!
Crista wasted no time
putting on her pads.
She couldn't wait to get outside to try out her new skateboard!
Sweet girls...
and Addie with her gum.
Yep,
still has her gum.
Daddy got a new tackle box and lures from the girls.
And I got a new external hard drive.
A back-up for my back-up.
And after the wrapping paper settled...
Grandma, Da & Uncle Marcus showed up soon after
and we all had cinnamon rolls and coffee
while we talked and watched the kids
discover their new toys.
Then it was time to try out the bike and skateboard!
It was a little chilly yesterday morning
so we didn't stay out too long.
But Addie took off on her bike
like she's been riding for years!
And I think Crista will master her skateboard
soon enough!
She's a natural!
In the afternoon
we headed to Grandma and Da's
for our big family Christmas.
We had a great time!!
Our Christmas was wonderful this year,
even in spite of my bah humbug attitude!
We are so blessed,
not because of the material possessions we have,
or the gifts we're able to give,
but ONLY because Jesus was born for us
all those years ago!
When I started focusing on that,
my ill attitude changed to one of thankfulness.
Just how it should have been all this season.
The girls made this video for their pen-pals
but I thought you might like to see it too :-)


























3 comments:
With every post I think we are more and more alike! We didn't let our kids have gum until Kensley was 5! Everyone thought we were crazy... it's still a treat around here. {They have never had soda pop.}
I have to ask... the cards in the tree... what's up with that? For as long as I can remember, my Dad has always placed a card and a gift for my Mom IN the tree; this year was no different! How fun to have the same traditions!
** THE VIDEO WAS TOO CUTE **
It looks like a great Christmas! Those sweet faces get me every time!
You are a blogging machine right now...:)
Glad you had a wonderful Christmas, glad you got back to a happy place. No Gum here until you are 5 years old. Have no idea how I made up that rule, just sounded like a good age at the time. Basically gum is a rare thing, but on Maya's 5th birthday a couple years back she got hoer own pack, so I know that excitement!
Post a Comment