3.01.2011

So Much Has Changed!

8 1/2 years,
4 kids
and
1 girlfriend later...
We're ALL Together Again!!


Its hard to believe that its been that long
and that so much has changed in our lives
since my wedding back in August 2002.
This reunion was a long time coming
and it surely did not disappoint!
We had a great time catching up
and getting to know each other's kids, spouses or significant other.
Here are just a few {grin} pictures
from our week-long visit together.
And just for the record,
some pictures are edited but most are not.
There was just too many and I just don't have the time :-)


Meet my nephews & niece!

Evan, he's 11.
Last time I saw him he was 3.
He's changed just a bit in the past 8 years :-)
Really awesome big brother
and just as awesome big cousin!

Nicholas, just turned 6.
He's quiet and thoughtful
and Crista's newest best friend.
Loves his stuffed animals
and is super sweet!


Mackenzie, 18 months old
and the Princess
of her family.
She was brought into this world at the perfect time,
ushered in on many many prayers.
Her eyes are soulful and bright
and she gives the best kisses an aunt could ask for!

Since the family only had about a week to visit,
we packed in as many activities we could
to make the most of the time we were given.
The rest of the pictures are random photos
taken in the moment
to capture the excitement and fun we had!

BOWLING::


Uncle Marcus learned quickly
that Crista's secrets are quite literally
juicy
 {grin}



COOKOUT::










PAINTING POTTERY::






LOADS OF OUTSIDE PLAY::

And see those cute little piggy tails...
I could write a whole blog post just on those.
Takes my breath away
they're so stinkin' cute!!





Telling Daddy a story.
Probably something like,
"...and Mama took it right out of my mouth for no good reason!"

And these two.
Oh the memories I'll always have
of these two cousins,
never meeting before,
but having an instant friendship.
Becoming the best of friends after
2.5 seconds of being introduced.
Joined at the hip.
I smile every time I think of them.
Crista grieved for the next 2 days after they left.
She misses Nicholas so much!

(and yes, they're barefoot, in February.  you can be jealous now)

And because you stuck around to the very end
of this very long post,
I'll leave you with this little gem of a picture
as a reward.

Ok, so really this last one's for Papaw & Mamaw
:-)
But its a gem just the same.




If you want to see more pics from our week together,
click HERE
and check out my SIL's blog!

9 comments:

Becky Sue said...

Looks like great memories were made and that last shot is gorgeous!

Tiffany said...

Looks like so much fun, you can tell the kids really enjoyed each other. Love the last pic, but I also like the "pigtails" and the "drinking" shot. LOL.

Tiffany

Brittany said...

love the pig tails too!!!!!!!!!!!

Cayle said...

I am glad you had so much fun [=
The pictures are so cute and those pig tails! ahh. <3

Anonymous said...

Wow, good work capturing all those moments. I know first hand, that's harder than it looks!

vaneblu said...

The drinking pic is priceless, it says cousin fun all the way!

Hannah said...

What an awesome week!! Isn't it amazing when you can get your whole family together? I am so glad you were able to spend some real time together enjoying each other.

Love the pictures, of course, and LOVE Addie's crazy fun expressions!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! Can't wait to see you all. The girls are changing so much! Thanks for the pics!!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

how awesome you all got together! we are so lucky to live by our families and all our cousins, well most of them anyway. Of course I LOVE the piggies.
Maya had an older cousin here last summer, but they loved eachother, and it was heartbreaking when she left, Maya started crying, so so sad.
Just got the 35mm 2f haven't tried it to see how it will work out yet. The zoom seemed good other then the one that had the good reviews had a constant 2.8 aperature and the other one didn't get great reviews when it come to focus so just stuck with a canon.

Hey now we could go out barefoot, we just choose not to, at least the latest wierd sub zero storm has went thru.