This spring
we decided to learn about the frog life cycle.
And what better way to learn
than to experience it firsthand!
One of the boys in Jake's youth group
got us a jar full of tadpoles
from his pond.
The girls and I gathered up
materials
needed to make a nice habitat
for our little swimmers.
Crista carefully filled the bottom
of the tadpoles' new home
with mud.
Addie Grace placed a few rocks
in the corner
so the frogs will have some land
once they lose their gills.
The tadpoles seems pretty happy in their
new happy home!
We're keeping our fingers crossed
that these little swimmers
will make it to froggy-hood!
Its been fun watching them get bigger each week.
We'll keep you posted on any new developments :-)














2 comments:
I love watching this transformation! it's soooo cool! I hope they make it. I want to get some tadpoles so we can do it this year too, it's still a bit cool here, but soon. We do have praying mantis casings again, I love to hatch them out, they are so cool.
You are such a cool homeschooler :) I stink at doing stuff like this!
Post a Comment