Love, laugh & anchors.
That pretty much sums up our week at Myrtle Beach!
Just to get you up to speed,
here's how it all went down...
Several years ago,
I found CaSandra's blog.
Or maybe she found mine.
I really can't remember the details,
but that's not important anyway :-)
We kept in touch with one another
on a surface level
for a couple of years.
Until we both registered our kids
for Classical Conversations.
Once we realized we had that connection,
we started e-mailing regularly.
And then texting.
And then the phone conversations began.
Over the last 7 months
CaS and I have formed an incredible friendship
which I treasure!
We decided to meet up in Myrtle Beach a while back
and the girls and I have been counting down the days!
Crista and Addie Grace have been pen-pals
with Kensley and Nolan
this whole time
and they just love receiving surprise mail
that's just for them,
and sending little blessings as well!
Our girls felt like they already knew
Kensley and Nolan
and they got busy right away
with the important job of playing.
We were fortunate to be able to do some
fun activities while we were visiting.
We hit up Broadway at the Beach first!
Lots to do there
and lots of grins and giggles too!
We ate at Johnny Rockets
for lunch.
My girls loved the dancing and singing.
And the French Fries.
They loved those too!
There was a HUGE candy store
that was calling out to us...lol.
You can't visit a candy store without buying
a little something!
Crista picked out her favorite
and Addie grace decided to forgo the candy for....
lip gloss.
Classic Addie Grace.
The girls worked hard and saved up
some spending money
for their trip.
They decided they wanted to spend it at
Build-A-Bear.
Crista loves this place
and Addie got to do her very first bear.
We walked away with some very happy customers!
Kensley named her bear Lovie Dovie.
Crista's bear was named Fuzzy
and Addie Grace decided on Rosa for hers.
The sweet side of Addie Grace
(4years 4 months old)
Annnndddd...
her silly side.
Our precious Crista
(7 years 8 months)
Just hanging around!
All the kids loved playing on the hammock.
After asking for 3 days,
we finally took the kids to see the ocean.
The weather flip-flopped all week.
Cool one day, warm the next.
This day was actually on the warmer side.
It was my intention for them to SEE the water,
stick their toes in it, maybe.
And look for some shells.
Can you see how this is quickly
going from
SEEING the water
to PLAYING in the water?
{the Ralphie Spin!}
Crista's favorite ;-)
They may have gotten a little wet.
Just slightly.
So glad I had my camera
to capture it all!!
Pretty early on,
CaS and I claimed
Hebrews 6:19
as our friendship verse
and the anchor
as our symbol.
Might I add,
we claimed it as ours long before
anchors became the next big fashion statement...haha.
But it totally worked in our advantage
that its the "in" thing for this season
because finding cute matching outfits for the girls
was super easy!
That,
of course,
meant...
PHOTOSHOOT!!
I got a few good shots at a local park
and then we treated the kids to Putt-putt.
This was new to them all
(Crista doesn't remember playing years ago)
and it was a hoot watching them learn to play!
Crista got a hole-in-one
on the second hole!
This kid amazes me sometimes!
Addie did this each and every time
she hit the ball in the hole.
Even if it did take her 20 tries!!
We hit the beach again that afternoon,
but it was chillier
than the night before.
The girls were only allowed to play in the sand that afternoon.
It was so hard for our little fish
to be so close to the water and
yet not be able to get in.
Crista was obedient and stayed on dry land
and decided to dig a hole instead.
The last full day we were there,
CaS and I decided to do separate activities with our kids.
So I headed South to another part of Myrtle Beach.
The first thing the girls noticed
was another candy shop!
We don't have candy shops like this where we're from
so its kind of a big deal for the kids.
Crista decided on assorted flavors of rock candy
and Addie Grace chose gummy bears.
Walking along the boardwalk,
Crista stopped me
and asked to take pictures.
That rarely happens these days with her
so I took advantage of the opportunity!
This is the real reason
we came.
The Sky Wheel!!
The girls have been talking about it all week
and we couldn't have been more excited
that we were so close!
Going up!!
The girls loved the Sky Wheel.
And I have to admit,
I loved it too!
It was fully enclosed so no chance of us falling out.
Tried to do a little selfie,
just to prove I was there too!
Our last morning with our friends.
It was bittersweet.
I was really missing Jake,
so were the girls.
But I didn't want to say goodbye to our friends either!
We had a great week
and hope we can make this an annual trip.
All the kids were so well behaved and cheerful,
despite being off schedule.
I'm so thankful God brought us together!
Friendship really is a great treasure.
I'm excited about what our future holds
and where God leads us!



























































2 comments:
What a great Spring Break get away for you and your BFF. I especially loved the beach pictures!
SO fun, how neat that you all met up and found such a wonderful friendship.
Post a Comment