Back in August
we were counting down the days until Papaw and Mamaw's visit.
This was an exciting one
because we were going to Hilton Head for 3 days
and we all were ready for a little vacation time!
The night before, we started counting down the hours
and the girls made sure to decorate for our morning visitors!
Once Papaw and Mamaw arrived
it was all fun and play!
We packed up the van right away and headed over to Hilton Head.
We were about half-way there
when I realized
I.Forgot.My.Camera.
UGGGHHHH!
I mean, really.
Of all the things I could've forgotten
it had to be my camera.
I'm really thankful
Mamaw had her's so I was able to capture
some of the memories after all!
The day we got to the beach was actually chilly.
Super strange for August
so we took the kids to a little discovery museum instead
of the beach.
It was really fun and
everything
was hands-on and encouraged creativity
and make-believe.
It was a pretty awesome place!
Inside the museum there was a pirate's ship,
with lots of dress-up clothes.
Crista liked the mermaid!
The mail center was a favorite area too.
The painting room had
every type of paint/brush/stamp
imaginable.
I think my girls could've stayed in there all day!
I think my girls could've stayed in there all day!
But the real airplane cockpit
took the cake.
The girls LOVED playing and pushing buttons
and taking Mamaw and I on trips around the world!
The weather finally did cooperate
and we were able to get in some great beach time.
The waves were great that day.
Not too big,
not too little.
Addie Grace isn't a big fan of water.
She doesn't like it in her face
and she's scared to death of a fish getting her
in the water.
But she loves playing in the sand.
And its always much more fun when Mamaw's playing with her!
After a great time at the beach we headed back home.
We had a relaxing time hanging out, playing
in the backyard
and showing off some skills!

Crista was given a new tattoo set
and she had fun stamping everyone
who sat still long enough.
We had such a great visit with Papaw and Mamaw
that we hated to see the time come to an end
{as usual}.
We're looking ahead to the next time we'll see them...
not too much longer now!!
I'm so blessed to have not only a wonderful family
but to have married into such a sweet and loving family!
























1 comment:
Looks like a great vacation! Sometimes it's nice not to have our camera...it's like it gives us a reason to be more carefree :)
Post a Comment