9.23.2013

Another First!

Saturday was the big day,
Crista's first soccer game.
It was actually a pre-season Jamboree
where all the teams came out and scrimmaged
two games each.
Crista was a little nervous
since she's never played in a soccer game before.
Even through the butterflies,
she looked mighty cute sporting that green and black uniform!
 
I honestly had no idea how Crista would do.
She is the most inexperienced player on the team
and this mama had never even kicked a soccer ball
until 2 weeks ago
so I'm no help to her.
And although Crista is competitive,
she is not aggressive.
At all.
But I shouldn't have doubted her.
She did awesome for her very first game
and got right in on the action!

 

 
Hanging out between games.
See Crista's teammate?
That's Savannah.
And she's a great soccer player.
The girls told me they had a plan.
Crista would get the ball and kick it to Savannah
and then Savannah would score.
Sounded like a great plan to me...and it even worked!
 
And in case you were wondering about little
Prissy Pot,
She was just happy to have snacks.
And her own chair.
In the shade.
 
In the second game
Crista got her turn to be goalie.
Now I know she's my kid an all,
but she did SO great!
 
See...
 
BLOCK!
 
BLOCK!
 
She blocked 3 out of the 4 balls that were kicked at her.
And the one she missed,
no one could've gotten that one.
It was just a super awesome kick and the kid deserved that point!
I was so proud of Crista!
 
Crista had her very own cheering section
and loved the attention she got!
Its great having good friend to support you!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Fun! She looks like she is enjoying herself! :)

I look forward to our children participating in sports in the near future.

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

That's wonderful. Maya would like to play soccer but like you I have never played, my husband on the other hand is great, goign tohave to give it a shot at some point.
Nice job blocking the ball!

Hannah said...

Way to go Crista! I'm so excited for her to have found something she truly enjoys. This also makes me miss MY kids playing Soccer!