2.16.2009


Its WONDERful week 6 in the photography contest and this week's theme is "wonder"! I took this picture last summer of Crista in a rare moment of solitude. That doesn't happen too often in our house and its a wonder that I even caught it!! To see more incredible pictures by amateur and professional photographers alike, click here. You may even want to enter your own wonder picture!




Edited to add:

I wasn't going to enter an adult entry, mainly because I didn't think I had anything to submitt. But then I remember this shot, taken in Guatemala on our pick-up trip. This was one of the first moments I had with Crista to really look at her, feel her, smell her, and experience her, with no interruptions. I was filled with wonder and awe that this really was my baby girl! Oh how the memories flood back!

53 comments:

Brooke said...

Stopping by from I Heart Faces to say hello. This is a great picture, and I love the moment of concentrating you caught on her face. She looks so deep in thought.

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

Great capture good job

Catherine said...

Precious! How beautiful! And I love the story. Adoption is beautiful and so are you for adopting her!

Jaime said...

Adorable capture!

3 Peanuts said...

So cute! Thank you for introducing yourself. I just found I heart faces but I hope to enter the contests and push my photography a but more:)

You daughter is adorable!!!

Kim

Amy said...

Your daughter is just beautiful

kristyo15 said...

Oh my goodness, precious! Beautiful shot.

Queen of the Gillards said...

beautiful

Queen of the Gillards said...

Beautiful picture.

Jennifer Bowen said...

I love seeing that beautiful face. Great b&w conversion, Melinda! :) Love the composition, too.

Lolli said...

What a precious little face! So sweet!

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

Oh! you did capture an adoring moment. So sweet and congratulations on the "gift" of your daughter. She is beautiful.

Joannof10 said...

What a beautiful picture!

Blessed Mom of 8 said...

Absolutely precious photo!

Blessings!
Jill

Courtney and the Boys said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!!!! Good work!

courtney

Marsha said...

SO cute!!!! I have not been doing good lately about keeping up with my blog and FFF. I hope I can get things back together!!
Marsha

Randi said...

Great photo! I love seeing your beautiful daughter :)

illahee said...

beautiful shot!

Life with Kaishon said...

I love to come and see her every week. She is such a beauty! She melts my heart : ).

lee said...

sweet, sweet pic.

angie said...

in such deep thought!!

Erin said...

she is gorgeous... Love the picture!

I rarely catch mine sitting still either, so those pics are some of the most precious...

Christi said...

So sweet, it makes me wonder what was on her mind. :)

Keri said...

She is such a beautiful little girl! Love this moment of wonder you captured. Very nice.

Bryce's momma said...

Your Guatemalan princess is GORGEOUS! Thanks for your comments on my picture. Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't remember what I was shooting on. I think I just kept shooting to try to find a setting that my camera would fire on without a flash. I can tell you that it was with a portrait lens. I too, am just learning about manual. Your, pics that you posted of your practice are great! What lens are you using? My guess is a 50mm. We should chat. I can share with you the little bit that I know and you can give me some tips. What camera are you using?

Terri said...

Wow! You take incredible pictures. I just scrolled through your blog right now. I tried to use Manual mode with my camera and I just cant figure it out! I will get it one of these days!!!

I hope you win the picture contest!

stollmyheart said...

Beautiful picture! I love it. BTW, Crista and I share a birthday...great day :)

Jenna
(www.stollmyheart.wordpress.com)

Carebear said...

Awww... great picture and great story. My fave part of your entry photo is her little toddler hands. I love the chubby little dimples toddlers have on their hands - too cute! Oh, I visited your photo blog too, and was really impressed/inspired by your work. I especially love the Christmas pageant pics. So special!

Mireille said...

thanks for the sweet comments on my blog! you did a great shot yourself, I really love it!!

Tina said...

She's adorable!

Angela said...

I absolutely love love love this picture! I can't believe you caught this moment! She is gorgeous! Was it hard to adopt from Guatemala?

Melinda said...

What a precious photo. Love her contemplative expression and the b&w conversion is great!

R and R Stacy said...

She is a cutie!!

Shonni said...

That is such a beautful picture...what a moment you caught!

Tracey said...

Great photo~ She is a doll baby!

alishaw said...

She is just gorgeous! What a wonderful joy!! I just love her hands on her face and the great use of light!

ourgoldenchild said...

What a beautiful little girl...I love the shot of her. Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Izzy 'N Emmy said...

Super sweet! Love the hands to the face too!

Karyn Kuniyuki said...

Love the B&W conversion, her expression is so soft and calm, amazing when they hold still for a moment huh?! Really nice entries, love your expression in the adult entry!

Lara said...

They're both such sweet photos. What a precious one of you and your daughter together.

Heather said...

I agree with Izzy... LOVE her hands on her face. So sweet and full of wonder. Thanks for stopping by my site!

Jeff and Steph said...

Awwww...I think that 2nd one could be in the kids category too. Look at the wonder on her face!!! "Who is this joyous lady called mama??" Love it!!!

mindfulmusings said...

love the lighting in your kid's entry. beautiful!

Jenn @ A Country Girl's Ramblings said...

Love the picture of your Christa! It is beautiful and so is she.

Monica@CocoaBeanPhoto.com said...

What a precious moment you have captured. It fits the theme so nicely. She is just absolutely beautiful!

illahee said...

two wonderful photos!! love them!

Rachel said...

That first picture is so beautiful.

I have to admit to getting a bit misty eyed with your second one! I love the expression on your face and how she is looking at you! Just beautiful!

Abby*Lane said...

Love them both! Your adult entry is so heart-warming. I love how she's touching your face. Love it!

Kricia Morris Photography said...

Aww...your second picture gave me chills. What a lovely shot! Thank you for sharing such an intimate moment.

DawnS said...

I love the photos - and the ones below of her dressing up - so adorable! She is beautiful!!!

DawnS

Woolverton Girl said...

Beautiful & Wonder filled! She is precious. Great shots.

Pam D said...

Both pics are great! I really love the adult one, just because it brings back that feeling of wonder I had when my boy was a little baby. I remember thinking, when he was just a couple of days old, that he was all new, and fresh. And when he got his first little scratch, I cried! Can't keep 'em perfect forever... but that first ding hurts! ha!
oooh, it's almost Friday.. wishing you an early TGIF!

tess said...

Cutie-lost in thought!