Last Friday we celebrated
one of my favorite days of the year.
Gotcha Day!
Its the day
we held Crista in our arms
for the very first time.
Its the day
my dreams became reality.
Its the day
we became a family.
Last Friday we had grand plans to celebrate
Crista's 7th Family Day,
but the weather didn't cooperate.
So yesterday we made up for it
and had us a great celebration!
Yesterday we went Geocaching
as a family
for the first time.
And I will say,
WE.HAD.FUN!!
Addie Grace
(with a little help)
found the first cache!
Not to be outdone
by her baby sister,
Crista found the second!
In each cache
there are treasures
and a log book.
The rule is, to take something,
you must leave something of equal or greater value.
Addie Grace was quick to trade her prize for a
new treasure.
A little Geo-Kissing.
:-)
I {love} my husband!!
We stopped for a snack break
and enjoyed munching on apples and pistachios.
My girlies bring me such joy!
We finally made it to the end of the trail...
Lookout Point.
It was low tide
so we were able to look out
onto mud.
Ick.
Crista started off with a fishtail braided bracelet
and would look over each cache
very carefully.
It wasn't until the 6th cache
that she found something worthy
of her bracelet.
And she never traded again
(completely opposite from Addie,
who traded each and every time!)
Towards the end of the trail
we were all getting tired.
Can you see the bracelet in Addie's hand?
That was her final trade
and the treasure she came home with.
4 miles hiked and 11 Geocaches found.
Not bad for a days work!
We loved our first family attempt at Geocaching
and I have a feeling
we'll be doing it again
real soon!























2 comments:
Very cool way to spend the day. I have never tried this before, my kids would love it!
That last picture! I could not love it more~ it is so awesome. SO awesome.
I love all the pictures but it's so cute to see you and Jake together. Those pictures will be such a gift to your girls. Love you guys!
Post a Comment