Homeschooling most definitely has its perks.
We have been so fortunate to
have landed
in such a wonderful homeschool group
and from that group,
we've been blessed with new, wonderful friends.
Today,
we were invited to go with
our new friends,
our Adventure Buddies,
to the Wildlife Refuge
to do some photography and sketching.
The weather was perfect,
the kids were excited
and the wildlife was abundant!
On our first stop,
we were overlooking a canal,
trying to figure out if we were
looking at an alligator
WAAAYYY in the distance.
Crista brought her nifty circus binoculars
to scope out the scene.
Unfortunatley, they just weren't powerful enough.
A nice man confirmed through his
binoculars that it was indeed a gator
we were looking at.
He went to his car and pulled out his telescope
and set it up for the girls.
It was pretty awesome.
We were able to see the mud on the gator's face!
He noticed my camera and asked what I shoot with.
When I told him Nikon,
he told me to wait,
went back to his car
and brought out
the Big Daddy of all lenses!
He then allowed me to attach
my camera to it
and take pics of the gator!
Just to show you the difference between
my lens and his...
this is my picture.
Can you see the gator?
Its that teeny tiny little speck way down the canal.
And here's the same gator
with the big lens on.
Crazy, right?!
THEN...
he attached Crista's camera to it
and let her take pics.
This sweet man was so kind and generous to us!
After the pics of the gator,
we went a ways down
and the girls decided to set up camp
and sketched a bit.
Crista played around a little
and experimented using
nature
to color her sketches.
She used clover and grass,
yellow and purple flowers.
Both girls found out pretty quickly
that the little white flowers,
they had thorns on them.
Lesson learned!
Crista and Magdalynn.
One of the many views from today.
It was so peaceful
and beautiful!
We saw so many alligators today.
This was probably the smallest
and the closest we got to,
which is plenty close for me,
thank you very much!
Sarah and Magdalynn.
Our Adventure Buddies!
The day was awesome
and I'm looking forward to our
























4 comments:
Oh Boy! This has to be one of my FAVORITE posts yet! That sweet picture of the girls drawing TOTALLY melted my heart :) Hooray for an awesome day together!
These are amazing! I LOVE that he was such a kind person to you and the girls. What a great day! I love your pictures too, they tell such a great story!
Oh geez, I'm not a big fan of bears, but I can say definelty not a big fan of gators, unless they are from a far. Luckily we don't have them here, they would be froze. Fun day, and what a wonderful man, I would love to have some of his toys!
What a wonderful adventure!
Post a Comment