3.25.2014

Play Ball!

Last weekend was filled with ball games.
Both girls had practice games
and the timing couldn't have been more perfect!
Mamaw and Papaw were down for a visit
(more pics from their visit later!)
so they were able to see both girls in action!
 
I,
of course,
had my camera ready and had to snap a few pics.
Here's Addie Grace's game.
 
 

100% Addie Grace!
 
 
I have to say,
Addie did
SOOOO
much better this year
than last.
She may have spun around a time or two
in boredom
but she didn't play in the sand,
not once!
 
She hit the ball well too!






The next morning,
Crista had her time in the
limelight!
This is Crista's first year playing
and she's off to a great start!


 The coach moved the players around
each inning
so Crista got a feel
for a couple of different positions.
 
 Since she's not in t-ball,
I wasn't allowed on the field
and had to take all my pics through
a fence. 
Boo!
 
But just to brag a bit,
Crista had 2 times at bat
and hit the ball BOTH times!
They play on a pitching machine
so I think she did incredible!

 
Crista played on the ball  field
I spent much of my childhood playing on.
When my dad passed away,
they actually built a batting cage in his memory.
Kind of witnessed everything come
full circle
that day!
 
We're off to a great start!
I think this will be a wonderful season for both girls!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

They look so cute in their uniforms! I bet Crista and Addie were both on top of the world having both sets of grandparents there!

Okay, How did I not know your dad passed away when you were little. I love that you got a picture of Crista at the batting cage. They made an army bag on the paintball field at camp with my dad's name on it {army bag, because he was a solider for Christ} Dmitry had his picture taken with it too :)

CaSandra said...

First off, I think your photos are FANTASTIC! Sports pics are so out of my league.

That batting cage; oh how that made me tear up!

HOW SPECIAL :)

Can't wait to see/read how the season unfolds!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Oh I'm so sorry you lost your dad, I did not that. The pictures are great! I'm loving the shorts!
Sounds like they are both doing wonderful! hoping to get Maya into a team sport this year as well.