2.22.2014

Today

Today
 was a BIG day
in the Brown house.
Big as in BUSY,
but also as in memorable.
Today we celebrate Crista's 7th Gotcha Day!!
Its so hard to believe that it was just 7 years ago
Jake and I held little Crista in our arms
for the first time,
felt her in the flesh after
pouring over her pictures and praying for her
for so long.
 
We started out our celebration with 7 candles in a Krispy Kreme.
We love candles around here!
Makes even the mundane extra special!




Out Gotcha Day plans were foiled yesterday by thunderstorms
so we plan to celebrate next week when the weather is little nicer.
 
 
Today
was also Crista's ball practice.
I know I'm her mom and all,
but she did so great!
This is her first year playing
so she still has
lots of learning to do,
but she's off to a fantastic start!
 
 


Today
was also the Daddy/Daughter Banquet
at our church.
The theme was Camo & Curls
but since we don't have any camo,
and both girls refused curls,
we just marched to the beat of our own drum tonight!


The girls all had a blast
hanging out with their friends.

 
They also had a great time with their dates!

 
The food was great
and everything looked fantastic
but watching the girls dance with their Daddy
was priceless!
 
 
 
Da won a door prize
and Crista picked this one out
just for him!
It says,
"Grandfathers Are Special"
Da earned that one alright!
 
Our BIG day is now over
but it was a great one!
I am so very thankful for my sweet family!
 

3 comments:

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Happy Family Day! Next month we celebrate 6 years home!
Don't let the weather get you down, its snowing here today.......

Hannah said...

Happy Family Day! Ours is next week...that is just crazy. Another year...I can't think about how fast time is slipping by.

I love all the pictures and the catch up. I miss you guys like crazy!

Anonymous said...

So glad yall "gotcha" Crista. She is an amazing girl & great pretend big sister to Annabelle. Can't wait to see the rest of the Camo & Curls pictures!