2.25.2014

Goodbye 3's...Hello 4!!

Today was the day.
The day we had been preparing for
for quite a while.
Although I knew the time was coming,
it was still
a little
hard to actually go through with it.
You see,
today
Addie Grace was getting a haircut!
 
The before pic...
 

 One thing you should know about Addie,
she LOVES her hair.
She loves to play with it
and curl it
and braid it
but mostly,
she loves to
admire it in the mirror :-)
 
I honestly didn't know how she would react
when the time finally came
and the scissors came out.



 
 
THE cut.
It was a big one.
And I secretly hoped
I had made the right decision
to go so short.

 
 
But from the first moment,
Addie Grace LOVED her new cut!


 

 

 
 
There you have it,
8 1/2 inches shorter!
I was honestly surprised
at how much Addie Grace loved
her new look.
We had stopped by the store earlier
and bought her
some new headbands and clips
for her new style.
I think we made the right decision...
even if it does make her lose that
last little bit of baby!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

She is adorable no matter how she wears her hair...but she did instantly just age a good year or two. Where did baby Addie go??

Anonymous said...

She's adorable either way! I'm always a little curious about how others handle the long beautiful hair. We all love my daughter's hair when it's long but there is definitely more fussing and whining in our house when it's longer. Plain and simple, there are just more tangles when her hair is longer and there's more hair to fuss with. We have a much happier girl and morning routine when the hair is shorter and more manageable. And she can take care of it so much easier herself when it's shorter. And no matter the hair length, they're just as cute as can be!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

So did she want it cut? I"m glad she loves it! that's awesome! it definently makes her look a bit more like a school girl then a little girl.