5.12.2013

My Day!

Today was my day...
Mother's Day.
It wasn't all that long ago
that I wondered if I would ever get to celebrate this day.
And now I have two little blessings
that call me "Mama".
And I'm so so grateful.
And blessed!
Last week our church had a mother-daughter banquet.
This year we were each to bring our favorite doll
to show off.
The girls loved this and Crista brought Mia
and Addie Grace brought Dolly.
I brought my best two dolls....
my girls :-)
 
For my Mother's Day,
Jake asked me what I wanted to do.
The older I get,
the more I realize
how much I enjoy the simple things in life
and the quiet moments.
So I decided after church to fix a nice meal at home,
put Addie Grace down for her nap
and watch a Shirley Temple movie with Crista
while Jake napped in the lazy boy beside us.
It was heavenly!
After Addie woke up
we headed up to my uncle's house.
We all wanted to pick some fresh blackberries
to munch on.
Crista was super excited to see the new kittens.
One we got there it took Crista about 2 seconds to find one.
She named her Mittens.

 
Addie Grace even decided she liked Mittens too.
She was a pretty laid back cat.


 
Seriously,
Mittens was the sweetest little kitten
and wanted to do nothing else but snuggle with Crista.
This is where she stayed most of our visit.


There were other kittens that wanted some attention too.

And Crista is always happy to oblige.
 
Then we headed out to the field
to pick some wild blackberries.

 
Or should I say,
for Daddy to pick some wild black berries.
This was the normal scene...
Crista holding the kitten,
Addie holding our bucket,
me with the camera
and poor Daddy carefully picking all those blackberries.
He is so good to us!

 
And no trip to Uncle Walter's is complete
without
Ice Cream!!
(Just ask any of the great nieces or nephews)

 
So this was my perfect, simple Mother's Day.
I love our sweet little
slow-paced
old-fashioned
life.
 
 
And because I know you're all wondering,
Mittens the cat
did not
come home with us.
And that's why Daddy comes with us...
because Mama can't say no!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Mother's Day! Have to laugh about Shirley Temple....a new group of faves at our house. So sad you did not come home with a kitten:)

Tiffany

Hannah said...

Happy Mothers Day! I'm so glad you had a great day :) Love you!

PS: I wanted her to take that kitty home! I mean a kitty that even AG loves?? Keeper!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I was wondering if the kitten made it's way to your house, your husband is a smart man.

Sounds like a perfect day! I did laundry and all the normal stuff, all the stuff I waited to be able to do


I just read back on your post of Bloom, I am so with you, I just hung up a few more pictures of Benjamin last week to try and balance the pictures out.......