8.04.2011

The BIG Day!

Purchasing new school supplies,
that unmistakable "school" smell,
too excited to sleep the night before,
making new friends
and hearing the school bell for the first time.
How I love this time of year!
Today was a big day in the Brown house.
A very big day indeed.
After years of waiting and anticipation and planning...

I FINALLY became a school mom!!
Room mother, PTO, fundraisers...here I come!


But I guess this post should really be about Crista :-)
My barely 5 year old firstborn
pranced herself right into that school
and had the most amazing first day of Kindergarten!
I'm so proud of this little gift of ours!!
It seemed within the 7 hours she was at school
she grew up into an actual school girl.
A big girl,
a real little person.
It was an amazing transformation.
She came home with knowledge she previously didn't have,
with new friends,
and with the biggest grin on her face that was still there when I
tucked her into bed and prayed over her tonight.
Truly amazing!
Here's my precious Crista,
on her very first day as a Kindergartner,
looking so cute in her uniform!





Yes, its true,
she's a Bulldog now.
Oh the irony...
since we're huge Gator fans!


Walking into the school, holding hands.
I think I needed it more than she did.
She was too excited to be nervous!


Crista was the proud big sister,
showing Addie Grace her new classroom.
Addie would follow Crista anywhere.

Finding her book bag hook.
Crista also told me she got her very own cubby.
She was way too excited about her cubby.
Maybe I should give the kid her own space?

She found her seat and got to work with her play dough.
By this point she could care less if we were there.
In fact,
I told her we were leaving and to give me a kiss.
She sighed and said,
"I ALREADY gave Daddy a kiss..."
meaning for me to just hurry up and leave.
I stole a kiss anyway
'cause I'm her Mama and I needed one.


After school I asked her what her favorite part of the day was.
She said, "Everything. I loved everything about today!"

Addie on the other hand,
she kept asking,
"Where'd Crista go?"
I'd tell her Crista was at school and she would reply,
"I school, I school"
very emphatically.
She's just not used to being apart from her sister.
This is Addie in the car after dropping Crista off.
She doesn't like the fact that we left her sister.

I'm so thankful Crista had such a positive first day at school.
She's eager to go back tomorrow!
For me, well, it'll take some getting used to not having my
little sidekick around all the time.
I really missed her today.
But on the flip side,
my house stayed incredibly clean today :-)

5 comments:

vaneblu said...

I'm happy Crista loved her school, I cant only imagine the tears I'll have to fight when it's my turn!

Hannah said...

What?? Kindergarten? No. No. No. I know we talked about her starting but for some reason this post still took me by surprise. How could our girls be less than two months apart in age and a whole year apart in school? Crazy.

Did you cry? I love how excited Crista was...she is a love bug! I bet she is the star of the class and the teachers favorite student EVER. How could she not be?

BTW Dmitry RAN into his kindergarten class. Just ran in. I on the other hand stood in the hall and sobbed. I think that pretty much sums up our relationship :)

Love and Miss you guys!

Lalla said...

After this northern teacher gets over the shock of school having already started (by law, we don't start until after Labor Day), I can say that I'm sooooo glad that Crista loved school. Yay!

Hope you adjust soon. lol

jenn said...

i just love the pic of the girls holding hands and walking away from the camera (the balck and white one!)...hows addie like her new car seat!?!?!?

Kimberly said...

Yeah for Kindergarten!! How cute!!
Sorry, I have been meaning to respond to your email. :(
I see you got the graco car seat! I hope Addie loves it as much as Levi does!