Earlier this year
I saw a really neat
Lego candy dispenser that
one of my students made.
I kept this idea
tucked away
for just the right time.
And since Jake had been gone
a lot lately
on youth trips,
I felt this was the perfect time
for a little girl bonding!
We hunkered down in Crista's room
since that's where the Legos
are stored.
I found the tutorial online
and we were off!
The project was pretty easy.
Finding that one specific piece
you need
in a sea of 10,000 Lego pieces
was difficult
{for me}.
Crista could locate that one tiny white hinge
within seconds.
She amazed me!
We made quite the mess,
Legos were everywhere by the end of the morning!
But, oh, what a fun mess it was!
Addie Grace and I worked together,
building and designing
our candy dispenser.
This is our finished project.
Addie did a lot of the work herself
while I guided her efforts
and she's super proud of her accomplishment!
Filling up the candy dispenser
for a test run.
This was by far
the most exciting part
for our little candy addict.
Crista did 100% of hers
on her own.
No help from Mama needed!
They couldn't wait to see if it worked.
And with one minor adjustment,
it delivered 3-4 skittles
every time they slide the bar.
Pretty awesome
for a couple of kids!
And that's how we spent our morning!
This was by far one of our
most favorite activities
we've done recently!
This was by far one of our
most favorite activities
we've done recently!
Here's Addie Grace explaining
how it works.
And if you'd like to make your own
Lego candy dispenser,
click here for the link!


















1 comment:
That is SO cool. I've been off line so I'm catching up on all your posts! It's like Christmas day :)
Sophia would love this...she is just getting into the lego thing...but has always been into candy ;)
Post a Comment