11.01.2014

Halloween Festivities

 
This year,
Halloween
was extra fun.
We had a week of festivities
that kept us running,
laughing
and on a perpetual sugar high!
 
We were invited to Magdalynn's
(aka Adventure Buddy)
neighborhood Halloween party.
The girls have never been
trick-or-treating
door to door like this before
so it was a whole new scene for them.
They (of course) loved it!
 
 
 

 
The next day was our CC
Crazy hair day and PJ day.
This is the girls favorite day of the school year!
Who doesn't love schooling in their PJ's?!
Addie loved the "crazy hair"
but Crista was completely opposed to it
this year.
 
 
Since I'm tutoring this year,
I got to wear my PJ's too!
 
 
 Here's most of the kids in our CC Community.
We decided to have a combined class
outdoors this week.
The weather was awesome
and it was a fun day anyways.
A little change up from the routine.
I think we all loved it! 
 

 
 
Here's my awesome class.
Since it was the week of Halloween
we played an extra fun review game.
For every question they answered correctly
they drew a card.
If the card had a mustache on it they had
to put on a mustache.
If the card had a hat on it,
they got to choose one item from the dress up box
for me to wear.
The kids loved it
and as you can tell,
I have a very bright class!
 
 
On Halloween,
we invited Mags and her family over
for some fun.
We love hanging out with this family!
They brought pumpkins over
and Bob patiently helped each girl carve
her pumpkin.
 
 

Our big girls love a gooey mess!



Ta-Da!
The end result.
Looks pretty awesome all lit up too!
 
 
While Bob was entertaining the kids,
Jake, Sarah and I were working
on our trunk for our church's
trunk-or-treat.
The church needed more trunks
but I'm always torn.
My kids are still very much into
trick-or-treating
and manning a trunk
takes me away from watching them
enjoy their night.
So we decided to do a
"self-serve"
gas station theme.
We could hand out candy for part of the night
but when we wanted to walk around with the kids,
we were able to do that too!
It was the best of both worlds :-)
Didn't Jake do a wonderful job on the gas pump?!


 
 
The girls,
dressed for the occasion...
again!
We did the church's trunk-or-treat
for a while
and then we headed into town
to knock on doors.
We had the best time
and I'm so grateful that God sent
this sweet family into our lives
to share these fun moments with!
 



 

 


No comments: