Crista's passion right now is art.
She loves it and not a day goes by that I don't receive
a one-of-a-kind piece of art from her.
In January Crista started taking private art lessons
from her art teacher at school.
She's doing so well
and she looks forward to each lesson with Mrs Pelley.
At one of her lessons they were talking about conture lines
and Crista was asked to draw a self-portrait.
When I picked her up from her lesson,
Mrs Pelley showed me her drawing and I knew right away it was Crista.
I was amazed!!
Mrs Pelley loved the picture as well and chose it to be featured
in a county-wide art show!
On the night of the art show there was a reception for the artists
and their families.
We had no idea it would be such a crowd
and Crista got completely overwhelmed.
She's always struggled in social situations where there are a lot of people
but she's gotten so much better since starting school.
But this was just too much for her.
We took a few pics
and headed out the door for a celebration meal and ice cream!
That made everything so much better!
Crista and her self-portrait
Crista and her wonderful art teacher.
Can you tell she's a little overwhelmed?
I had to force her to take the picture
and she was almost in tears :-(
Heading out the door...feeling better.
Ice cream makes everything perfect again!
Crista we are so proud of you!!
We can't wait to see how the Lord uses your talent!















2 comments:
Good job Crista!
Crista you are amazing! Can't wait to have you and Sophia do a little art together :)
Post a Comment