8.12.2010

They Still Happen!

Exactly one year ago I had a very heavy heart.
One year ago today I shared with the blog world that in my 18th week of pregnancy
I had a placental abruption.
I shared what the Dr told me,
that there was a possibility I would lose the precious life
I was carrying inside of me.
To read that blog post, click HERE

I can't even begin to tell you of the fear and uncertainty I was feeling.
Getting pregnant was a miracle to begin with,
something the Dr's said would be unlikely.
Something Jake and I had given up on.
But our God is a God of miracles!
And after a two week stay on the couch,
on complete bedrest,
after two weeks of our family praying for the life of our daughter,
after two weeks of friends and total strangers {pleading to God} on our behalf,
I went in for an ultrasound to check the tear.
To learn the fate of our baby girl.


The ultrasound tech poked and prodded
and measured and double checked.
And the verdict was in.
There was NO tear.
Not even a little one.
She couldn't even find any signs of a previous tear.
I. HAD. BEEN. HEALED!!

Talk to anyone who knows about placental tears and they'll tell you,
they don't heal.
The tear stays until delivery.
But my tear was gone.
There are 2 ultrasound pictures.
One showing the tear and one showing a {perfectly healthy} placenta
and a perfectly healthy baby!

You know how you can't help but grin
when you give your child a gift,
especially when its something they've been asking for,
and their face {lights up}?
I can only imagine the joy God felt when we found out
we were witnessing a miracle,
that a gift of the best kind was given to us.
Like any proud Father,
He takes delight
in our happiness!
I wonder if God couldn't help but grin too.


I'm so very thankful that miracles still happen today.
I'm so glad God loves my little family and
He desires to give us good and perfect gifts.
I'm delighted that He chose US to be the recipient of not one
but two
extraordinary miracles.

My little miracle,
one year later...
they said we might lose you
but look at you now!


And guess who just started crawling TODAY?!
What a great day this has been!

I also wanted to tell everyone that I'll be taking a
bloggy break for the next week or two.
But don't give up on me
and you'll want to check back often
because I'll be sharing some exciting news with you when I return!
Until then...

17 comments:

Taylor family: Tim, Becky, Tabitha said...

Oh what a testamony of our wonderful Father's powers! Love this post!

Hannah said...

I still remember when you emailed me that you were healed. What a wonderful joyful day. The Lord is still the Lord and still heals :)

I'm going to miss you over the next few weeks...I can't wait to see new pictures.

Sigh. Now I am sad :(
Love ya!

Lindy said...

I love all of Addie's different expressions. So CUTE!! And can you believe that you have one child with such *BIG* beautiful brown eyes and one with the same in blue!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Amazing. Absolutley amazing.

Addie is an precious gift and couldnt be more gorgeous.

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

oh my goodness I thought I loved the first picture, you know i have to wait for them to load, out of order, and I loved the last one, but that GRIN got me!
See you back in a couple of weeks!

Steph{anie} said...

What gorgeous pics! This post brought tears to my eyes...God is so amazing!

Anne said...

Amazing post! I had no idea you were given that diagnosis. I am in awe of God's goodness every day. Thanks for sharing your miracle and her precious pictures today. She did make me {grin}...

Brooke said...

You cant leave me hanging like that!!

I love this post. The pics are incredible and the story of Addie is remarkable. I remember when you have your abruption and I remember praying. I was so scared for you and it just hit so close to home being just as far along as you at the time. I am so happy that God worked a miracle in your life with Addie. She was twice the miracle for you! Dont stay away too long.

Anonymous said...

God is Good!
What a wonderful post! The pictures are amazing too!

Your leaving us in suspense! I wonder what your exciting news is??? Cant wait to hear!

Tiffany said...

Your story is nothing short of a miracle....God works in amazing ways.

nora said...

Lovely post! Hope you are getting some rest! I will miss your pics!

Arena Mom said...

Wow..beautiful! What a blessing!

*Maybe* Baby ♥ Mama said...

Our journey has begun!… secretly though

If I’ve left you this message, you’re a follower of my original blog ~OR~ just someone I’ve happened upon while sending out these invites and that I would LOVE for to come along for the ride! Though I won’t be revealing who I am just yet – until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester! Just getting the word out about our new site – further explanation of all the secrecy and what we’re about on my first post. I’d love for you to stop by.

Exciting things going on around here!

www.DefinitelyMaybeBaby.com

~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama

jenn said...

God is amazing....and does amazing things!!!
i absolutly love your pictures you take all the time!!!! i wish i had HALF your talent!
i adore the picture of addie with her nose all wrinkled up...finley makes that face too, when she is mad, and will breathe real fast through her nose, like a bull...makes us giggle every time!!!

Gardenia said...

Ou God is truly an awesome God. thank you for your testimony!! We need to share our testimonies so others will come to know the power and glory of God!! your daughter is a DOLL, your pics are fantastic, and now I'm waiting with bated breath for your news!

Kim & Dave said...

What blessings our Father showers upon us, huh?

Love the pics!!

Lindy said...

Hi, Melinda. I've missed your posts the last two weeks.
Hope all is well with you and your family.