After three months of glorious summer,
I'm dusting off the old blog
and playing catch up
on our lives
and what we've been up to!
The summer started off with our tadpoles
{finally}
turning into froglets...
and a week later,
into frogs.
I can't tell you how happy
and free
I felt releasing those green little guys!
We played this summer.
A lot.
A favorite is always playing in the rain.
Especially with your friends!
Like just about every other child in America
between the ages of 4 and 9,
my girls became
obsessed
with those little rubber band bracelets.
Crista was the first to jump on the bandwagon
but Addie Grace decided
if big sis can do it,
so can she.
And she did.
She figured out how to make the fishtail bracelets
and make her very first one!
I asked what she was going to do with
her first bracelet
and she immediately answered,
"I'm going to give it to God!"
So, she wrote a sweet little note
to God,
put the bracelet in a balloon
and attached the letter to the balloon.
We headed across the street from our house
to an open field
to release the balloon
and send a surprise to God.
Addie Grace said she sure hoped God liked
his gift :-)
I assured her He did!
This summer was a big one for Crista!
She found one of my baby dolls from when
I was her age
over at Grandma's.
She immediately fell in love with Leanne
and asked for her.
So after a trial period,
I agreed
and drew up the adoption papers.
Leanne and Crista have been inseparable
ever since!
Crista's such a good little mama!
Crista also went to her very first
sleep away camp this summer!
She did awesome
and had a great time!
She's already looking forward to next year's camp.
(PS.that's all the pics I have from camp
since I didn't stay with her)
(PPS.no, Addie Grace did not stay.
she just doesn't know she's not one of the
big girls)
Crista turned 8.
Yes,
I said 8!!!
I have more pics
that I'll save for its own post soon.
Crista was recognized at church
and received a new Bible.
This is a big deal in our church,
kind of a rite of passage of sorts.
Today, Jake and I celebrate 12 years of
blissful marriage.
God has given me such a godly husband
to share life with
and I feel so blessed to call him my best friend!
Every year we say we're going to go away for a few days,
sans kids,
to celebrate our anniversary.
And each year something always comes up.
Illnesses, jobs, or no money!!
But there is always a reason why we can't go.
Until this year.
This year Jake and I decided instead of getting away
for a vacation without the kids,
we would thank God for our marriage
buy going on a mission trip
and loving on 40 kids in a children's home
in Mexico.
Best.Idea.Ever!!
We were blessed and our marriage strengthen
through this trip!
I have lots of pictures I'll share in a separate post.
We spent some time over at the
Pond House
this summer.
We always love going over there.
There's always time for a little sittin' and fishin'
over there.
Teaching Crista about photography,
exposure and silhouettes.
She took this picture!
Its pear season again at the Pond House
and everyone helps out!
Of course,
a quick mule ride up the hill
to the gas station
to get some ice cream
is always a favorite!
Got to eat it quick
in this HOT Georgia weather!
Its front porch living
when we're at the Pond House!
We eat, sleep and play there.
And this Mama loves
how happy her girls are
here.
Always lots and lots of smile!
































1 comment:
You guys had such a great summer vacation!
I can't wait to hear how your trip went...and what camera you went with.
Hope school is going great for you guys!
Post a Comment