9.02.2014

Boating & Floating

A while back,
I mentioned to another homeschooling mama
that everyone around here has a boat except us.
I jokingly said
Jake and I don't need a boat,
just a good friend with that has one :-)
I didn't realize when I said it
that she and her family actually has one!
So, we were promptly invited on a
boating excursion
since the girls and I have never been on a boat before. 
 
 
 
The weather couldn't have been more perfect!
And I think the dolphins must have agreed!
We saw no less than 30 dolphins
jumping and playing alongside our boat!
It was really neat to see them that close up!

 
Addie Grace and I feeling the wind in our hair!
 
She loved sitting up front with me.
 
 
Crista was content sitting in the middle with Daddy.


After cruising around the back waterways
for a while,
we came to the open sea.
And it was rough.
And the swells were high.
Now, don't get me wrong,
it was a blast!!
But this Mama could only think about one
of my babies getting bounced out the back
of the boat.
My friend agreed that we should turn around
when her boy started looking
a little green.
So we found ourselves a private island
and dropped anchor.
It was heavenly!
The kids swam
while my friend and I collected some
incredible shells.
 


 
 I think I could get used to this!
 

No comments: