6.05.2013

Sleepover!!

Crista has been begging since she was 4
to have a sleepover,
with more than one friend.
I said NO quickly and consistently.
I always said...when you're older
or...maybe for your birthday
or...when we move to our new happy home
and then it was,
when we get settled into our new happy home.
But the answer was always NO.
Until now.
After a long and full last day of school
we had 3 of Crista's friends arrive to spend the night.
Crista had been looking forward to this moment for so long
and didn't want to miss out on a thing.
So, she wrote a to-do list to make sure it all got done...
 
 
She got her list out and the girls started playing.
But it wasn't too long into the festivities that Crista learned
sometimes,
you just have to roll with it
and gave up on the list :-)

 
Addie Grace joined in the fun for the first part of the evening
before heading to Grandma's
for a little sleepover of her own.
She loves spending the night over there without Crista
and getting Grandma and Da all to herself!
 
The girls played forever in the sprinklers.
Even made up some storyline
about having special powers
that come from the sprinklers.
But don't worry,
they only use their powers for good!
 
Then is was supper time.
PIZZA!!
And this totally blessed my heart...
Jake, Addie Grace and I sat under the carport at the table
getting ready to eat
while the girls ate picnic style.
Out of the blue
I heard these 4 precious voices,
in unison,
unprompted
saying Grace.
I just love these sweet girls!!

 
After supper
and dropping Addie off for the night,
it was time for some late night swimming.
And by "late" I mean 8:00
which is WAY past Crista's usual 6:45 bedtime.
 
Jake is a superstar husband!
I don't do cold.
At all.
Especially if its water.
So Jake jumped in with the girls
and didn't complain once
which freed me up to take pics :-)



 
By the time we were finished
the moon was rising and a few stars greeted us.
 
And then they slept!
 
Morning came early and quick!
But these beauties had too much playing to do
to sleep!
 
Like makeovers.

 
They don't quite get the
"less is more" concept...haha!

 
Then they wanted to do mud masks.
I told them they were doing it backwards
but they didn't care!

By that point
I was exhausted
and the house a mess
but I had one very happy little girl
that loved every single moment of her very first sleepover!

3 comments:

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I love the make up! they look so cute, I think the mudmasks after to take it all off actually worked out pretty good. Looks like it was a ton of fun, always a lot of work cleaning up but I bet she will be beaming for a while.

Hannah said...

Okay, the makeup and mud masks are killing me. That is just too cute.


I love the sweetness of a child's heart. How sweet that they stopped to say a prayer over their food. ♥

Cadie said...

This is so sweet! Looks like she had a blast. My little one has also been begging for a sleepover for forever. She is only three, and so we have tricked her into thinking that staying a bit later at her friends house and laying in bed reading books for a while before going home is a sleepover. We will see how long that lasts! :) Your girls are adorable!