4.18.2013

Lovely

Today could only be described as
lovely.
The weather was ideal,
sunny, warm with a nice breeze.
Addie and I spent all day in the yard.
I did yard work
while she
swung, rode her scooter, played Mama to her baby doll.
There was water play and painting
and anything else her
busy 3 year old imagination led her to do.
We had a picnic in the backyard
under the shade tree for lunch.
Once Crista got home,
Addie ran out to her and tackled her
in a bear hug.
She missed her sister today.
We grilled hamburgers for supper and ate under the carport
And ended the evening with homemade ice cream.
It was nothing short of lovely.

 
This girl has two loves...
ice cream and her Da!

 
It was mint chocolate chip,
in case you were wondering.
 
And Crista said
It. Was. Good.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like the perfect day....I am trying to wait patiently for one just like it...first I have to wait for Spring!

Tiffany

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Lovely says it all!

Hannah said...

Awesome day :)

It's finally green here and today is going to be warm!! yay!