We've never been ones to celebrate
Valentine's Day too much.
The occasional splurge
but no typical
flowers, candy, nice dinner kind of stuff.
Until this year.
Crista came home from school a couple of weeks ago
with a paper about
the Valentine's Dance.
For elementary students.
And in particular,
for my First grader.
Call me old fashioned
and a kill-joy,
but I just don't like the idea.
Kids grow up way too quickly these days anyway
and I felt a Valentine's dance should be something
kids can do when they're older.
So we decided
instead of allowing Crista to go to the dance
we would take the girls out on a date.
They primped and dressed up in their Sunday best,
waiting for the time to go.
The doorbell rang
and the girls went to answer it.
And there was their date,
waiting on the other side of the front door.
Flowers and candy in hand.
And their Daddy asked them to go on a date with him.
It was super sweet!!
The girls ate it up!!
Flowers AND candy!
Even the Mama got a rose!
Probably only the second time since we've been together
that I've received flowers from Jake.
I told you we typically don't do this sort of thing!
But I loved it :-)
And then we were off!
We decided to take the girls to a hibachi grill.
We've only taken Crista one other time before
and she said she didn't remember it
so it was a new experience for both of them.
Daddy with his littlest Valentine
:-)
Crista was mesmerized by the show of it all.
Addie was scared to death of the flames and smoke.
She said it was too scary
and she liked eating at Grandma's better!
All in all we had a wonderful evening
taking out girls on their first Valentine's date!
I don't think Crista was too disappointed that she missed the
school dance
and I know we made the right choice for our family.
Jake and I are so very blessed to have such great children!
We are so thankful for the kids God has given us to
love and cherish!!


















1 comment:
I can't remember if I already commented so if I did...just blame my crazy mommy brain.
I think this is so sweet. I love that you guys aren't in a hurry to have the girls grow up...being little is amazing. What could be better than Valentines with the ones you love?
Post a Comment