Tonight was our first try at being
a sports family.
Addie Grace has been excited for weeks now
to play T-ball
and tonight was her very first practice.
This is actually the same ball park I grew up playing at.
In fact, the batting cage here is in memory of my Dad who
coached many many years
at this same field.
Kind of strange bringing my own kid here to play!
First up,
running the bases.
Addie was a little shy at first and needed just a little
reassurance.
We bought her new shoes to play ball in.
She informed me they were special shoes
that made her run "very very fast".
She must have been right,
just look at those pig tails flying!
Next up was playing catch.
If you want to call it that!
It was mostly kids trying not to get hit and
running after the ball.
Playing catch kept Addie's attention for about
2 minutes.
Then she started swinging her pigtails...
...and playing who knows what.
Yep, she was done.
But at least we were entertained!
And then Addie Grace heard Crista ask
if she could go to the park.
And that was it.
Addie wanted to play at the park
and tears ensued
because I told her no.
And then my camera battery died.
After running home for a potty break,
another small meltdown because I said no to the park, again,
and snuggle time on the bleachers
(because it was COLD!),
Addie agreed to join the others on the field
when I told her there were snacks after practice!
All in all
she had a good first practice and
she's looking forward to her next one!















2 comments:
I love her :) She makes every day a little more fun and exciting!
What fun!!! She sure is a bundle of energy! Way to go Addie Grace!
Love ya! Mamaw & Papaw
Post a Comment