Ever since Crista was itty bitty
we've had this great Christmas tradition.
On the Friday after Thanksgiving
we put up our tree,
the girls get their first Christmas gifts
(its always a new ornament and their Christmas pj's)
and then we camp out around the tree.
This year,
nothing happened the way we wanted.
This year,
we were still in the process of moving
and the tree was the LAST thing on my mind.
I hadn't even bought the girls their ornaments yet
and
Crista was sick.
So nothing went as planned this year.
I felt like such a slacker Mom.
Our church does a yearly
Breakfast with Santa
that the girls look forward to.
The kids come in their PJ's and
there are activities, pancakes, and of course,
Santa!
Addie was able to go with some friends
while I stayed home with
poor little Crista.
So, I had to give the girls their Christmas jammies,
unwrapped,
without the Christmas tree being up
so Addie could have them for her date with Santa.
Addie Grace was excited to head to the church
to see Santa!
Crista was less than thrilled that she had to miss.
You can tell in this pic she wasn't feeling her best.
But she had to rest up
because Grandma had planned a very special surprise
for the girls,
later in the day,
and she did NOT want to miss it!
Stay tuned to find out what it was :-)













2 comments:
Eeeeeek! I love the girl's jammies... expecially Crista's matching doll set! Kensley is VERY into her "Abby" having matching PJ's to hers as well!
Love hearing about your family's traditions :)
So cute! love the jam jams but hate that Crista had to miss it!
Post a Comment