12.04.2012

Afternoons

Afternoons are my favorite time of day.
Crista comes home from school
and I have a few precious minutes to spend with the girls
before the rush of the evening hits...
homework, dinner, baths and bed.

 
The tree is definitely the favorite spot in the yard
these days.
The girls love climbing
up and down.
I love how it reminds me of a
classic childhood.
And yes,
Addie Grace climbs too.
Much too high if you ask me :-)


 
On any given day
we get out the hula hoops...
 
...and frisbees.

 
But mostly, they run.
A lot.
 
And grin.
A lot.
 
Addie's sole purpose in life
is still
to make us laugh.
She is the most animated child
I know.
Full of expressions and antics
and oh, the drama!
She is absolutely hilarious and exhausting
all at the same time
and I love her for it!

 
Crista is still my reserved, quiet, intelligent child.
Quick to smile,
tenderhearted, loyal and a fierce little "mama" to Addie Grace.
She's driven and I know God has a great plan for
her life.
Her current goal is to be reading on a 4th grade level by the end of school.
She last tested at a 3rd grade level,
3.2 to be exact!
Did I mention she's in first grade?
And that she's almost a year younger than most other first graders?
We're just so proud of her and
her accomplishments!
 
 
Yep,
the afternoon is definitely my favorite time of the day!
 
But how could it not be with these two sweeties?!

No comments: