As I'm getting caught up on my blogging,
I'll be post dating all of these entries so
they'll be in the correct order.
Just forgive me for being such a slacker when it comes to my blog!
I'm really working on it!
Back in July we took our annual summer vacation.
But this year was different than the last 8 summers.
This year instead of heading South to the beach
we headed North
to what we {thought}
would be cooler, less humid temps.
Of course we went the week a massive
heat wave
gripped the Midwest
with crazy high temps
and even crazier humidity.
But we made the best of it and had a great week!
Crista was super excited to finally go back home
and see everybody again.
She was pretty much like this the whole week :-)
Addie Grace wasted no time
catching up with Mamaw...
...and Papaw.
Because of the crazy high temps,
we spent a lot of time in the kiddie pool
and naked.
And by "we" I mean the kids :-)
Crista loved doing Papaw's hair.
She started doing Daddy's first
but quickly realized
he didn't have much to work with!
Addie Grace loved running around in the nude.
She thought that was great.
And that's when I realized she wasn't quite ready for potty training.
She peed every 30 seconds.
Seriously!
30 seconds!
Geeze!
Geeze!
Her other love...
food.
Even Daddy got to have some fun
and loved playing on Grandpa Short's new toy.
We all were looking forward to our "Kennard Day"
when we got to go back to the place we called home for 6 years.
Crista couldn't wait to Reese again!
They just picked up right where they left off,
as if 800 miles didn't separate them.
We sure have missed this {sweet} face!!
After visiting several families
we just couldn't wait any longer
to see Crista's BFF, Jean.
She has missed her Wednesday playdates with her so much!
And Addie Grace got introduced
to playtime at Jean and Glen's,
something she was too tiny for when we moved.
Both girls just ate up all that attention!
A trip to Jean's just wouldn't be complete
without playing under the kitchen table
and of course, ice cream!
(and for the record, Jean was also under there with the girls!)
While visiting
we had a family get-together.
The kids had fun in the pools and playing with each other.
Here are just a few of my favorites from the evening...
I was playing around with the camera while Addie was sliding
and ended up catching pictures
of Crista getting stung by wasps.
Crazy huh?
Here are the above pics blown up.
See that nasty wasp?
Stole my Sunshine's joy.
This is when reality hit
and she started screaming.
I think she ended up with 2 or 3 stings.
Apparently there was a nest
and Crista was a little too close to it.
The rest of the evening kind of went down hill from there.
Not saying that my oldest love is a drama queen,
but...
well...
yeah, she is.
She's a drama queen.
But in her defense,
wasps hurt!
We had planned on celebrating Crista's birthday
since it was the next week
but the wind kept blowing out the candles
so we had to take it inside.
Crista didn't seem to mind
there was only 3 or 4 of us singing
instead of the yard full.
instead of the yard full.
She got to blow out candles!!
Addie Grace didn't seem to mind either.
She got to eat ice cream!!
And then I heard it again.
Crista. Screaming.
Again.
This time Mamaw scooped her up first.
Apparently she got hit near the eye with a hard plastic toy
while playing in the pool.
It just wasn't her night.
It just wasn't her night.
Addie Grace, on the other hand,
was living it up.
Water balloons and all.
And Papaw wasn't complaining one bit.,
His arms were full,
and I suspect his heart was as well,
with his two littles.
and I suspect his heart was as well,
with his two littles.
But Papaw and Mamaw redeemed the night
when they brought out presents for Crista.
All was well in the world again!
We had a really fun,
although scorching hot,
week.
I just love this last picture.
Taken on the way home at a gas station.
Shows the girls exactly as they were at that moment.
Addie eating. Again.
Crista growing up way too fast. Right in front of our eyes.
Crista's already asking when we can go back for another visit.
We're all looking forward to it!









































1 comment:
Wasps are horrible! I'm terrified of them, and allergic to them so...I feel for Crista.
I'm so glad you were able to just sit back and soak up some Indiana family this summer. I know those grandparents must have been on cloud nine!!
Post a Comment