We started off the month of May with a reality check...
with the realization that our precious baby girl
really isn't a baby anymore.
really isn't a baby anymore.
Daddy, Mama & Crista headed down the road to Springfield Elementary School
for Kindergarten orientation.
For Crista.
Our baby.
She's so ready,
but I'm not too sure.
Wasn't she JUST placed in our arms?
How is it that she's already skipping off to Kindergarten??
How is it that she's already skipping off to Kindergarten??
Crista also learned a new trick that month.
One that every kid should know.
Balancing a spoon on her nose.
Now that's talent!
May also brought much warmer temperatures
and our first trip to the beach!
Crista has always loved the beach.
In fact, she's always so torn about what to do first...
build a sandcastle or jump in the waves!
This wasn't Addie's first trip to the beach,
but I'm not sure if last year's visit counts
since she was only 6 months old.
I wasn't sure if she'd like the sand...
...or the waves...
...but Big Sis showed her how much fun it can be...
...and I think Addie Grace agrees!
All tuckered out
after playing so hard!
But the best part about this beach trip was
Kylie being with us!!
She came and stayed for almost a week with us
and we all had a great time.
Can't wait until the end of summer for her next visit down South!!
Throughout the month of May
you could usually find the girls here.
Or playing in this.
And they both enjoyed their water play
{most of the time}
:-)
This was also the month that we realized
Addie has a shoe obsession.
Truly, its crazy!
The first thing she asks for when she wakes up is "Shoes, shoes!"
She can usually be found attempting to walk around the house
in Crista's shoes, my shoes, Daddy's shoes or in the dress-up shoes.
Whatever she can get her feet into.
But I knew she was over the top
when she insisted on wearing her shoes IN. THE. POOL.
See what I mean??
Such a funny girl,
but I know exactly where she gets it from...
(ahem, Grandma!!)
One of the highlights of the month
was getting to spend the day with our good friends
Their family came down and vacationed in Hilton Head
and since we hadn't seen each other in almost a year,
and Hilton Head is just up the road from us,
the girls and I took advantage of the situation and headed that way.
The Guatemalan princesses picked up right where they left off
and Hannah and I talked non-stop about our two loves...
our kids and photography :-)
We started off playing at the park, then eating lunch, and last,
hitting the beach!
It was truly a wonderful day!
Can't wait to see y'all again!!
May also ended our baby-sitting days.
It was honestly bitter sweet.
Its so much work having that many kids
but I did get attached to the little ankle-biters :-)
On one of our last days together
I had a water party complete with pizza and ice cream.
The kids had a blast
and it was the perfect note to end our time together on!
So that pretty much sums up our May.
Hot, wet & sandy.
A perfect combination :-)








6 comments:
I'm loving catching up :) looks like the start of a great summer!
Wow... you do know how to have fun! Love all the pictures and wish I could have come down to meet you with Hannah and Monkey!! Crista is getting so big!! I bet she will love kindergarten! What will you do with just little Addie at home??
May looked lovely. I love seeing sophia and Crista together super cute pictures. My baby is starting Kinder too. So very hard to believe!!
Love all the catch up posts and pictures. I might have noticed I pretty well say I'm too lazy and or busy to edit pictures for the most part, if they are ones that I want then fine. I live with my little point and shoot, its small and can video, perfect! Looks like you are havinga fabulous busy spring, maybe summer will just be relaxing time.
Yay! You're back! I already want to rewind and spend more time on the beach...just hanging out with you and the girls. It was so awesome.
Can't wait to see you again :)
Thanks so much for the invite! I'm honored to be on your list :)
Love your pics! Looks like it's been a busy summer for the Brown family.
Post a Comment