6.04.2015

Distinctly

I remember it all rather distinctly.
A warm spring day,
so so much on my to-do list
since Mamaw and Papaw were coming
the next day.
 
I distinctly remember Crista telling me how
dirty
my car was
and how it really needed to be washed.
 
I distinctly remember how Crista and Addie Grace
begged to take over this
somewhat big responsibility.
 

I distinctly remember telling them
that I could not
possibly
add one more thing to my plate
that day.
That they would have to do this
sans Mama.
 
I distinctly remember threatening them
not to get wet.
 
And I distinctly remember that moment
when everything changed
and I began thinking,
"If you can't beat them,
join them!"
So I did.
 
And then everything else on my
to-list
somehow became not as important
as spending a wonderfully warm
and
unexpectedly fun
afternoon
with my girls.
 
Yep, I remember it distinctly.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Those are the best kind of memories for both you and the kids. Such a good mom moment :)