I always try to get a
night-before-your-birthday
picture.
A picture that says you will
never
be this age again.
A photo that shows
you,
for the very last time,
at this age.
Here are Crista's very LAST
pictures of being 7.
7 was a good year for Crista.
Perfect # 7.
Now we're entering the
Crazy 8's!
On Crista's actual birthday
she woke up to
the traditional
birthday breakfast.
Pancakes in the shape of your
new age
with candles...
and sprinkles.
After breakfast
she had a few tokens of love
to open.
Crista had been asking for a bow and arrow
for a while now
and since she's 8 now,
we thought she was mature enough
for it.
We have a family friend, Bobby, who
is a wonderful bow hunter
and he showed Crista how to shoot.
Her very first try.
Into the neck.
Bobby said that would've
Bobby said that would've
dropped that deer.
I'm thinking she may have some skill.
We only do birthday parties on big numbered birthdays
so this year we allowed Crista
to invite a friend
to go with us to the water park
to celebrate her big day.
We had a fun time!

We do, however,
have a family party each year.
This year
I sent Crista and Uncle Marcus
to get the cake.
Its not the cake I would've chosen for my sweet girl's birthday,
but I guess its what SHE wanted!
I guess 8 is the year for weapons!
Crista also received a
Swiss Army knife...
and a box of band aids to go along with it!
(We've only needed the band aids once so far!)
Its hard to believe we're celebrating 8 years!!
The time has slipped by so suddenly!
But we're thankful for each year we have with
our sweet Crista girl,
watching her grow and mature into a godly young woman!
We are so proud of her!





















1 comment:
I"m going with, It's great to be 8! that bow is really cool. They offer archery at Maya's school, she's pretty excited to take it next year.
Post a Comment