I've struggled with this idea for a while now,
but Jake and I both agree its time.
We have decided to go private with our blog.
We started this blog for one purpose,
to keep my family in Georgia updated on Crista's adoption process while we lived in Indiana.
After Crista was in our arms I realized this was the easiest way
for family to see Crista grow up,
hear stories about her,
and learn her sweet little personality.
I honestly never intended for anyone outside of our immediate family and close friends
to ever see it.
As my love for blogging grew, so did my following.
And I was ok with that.
I loved making connections with other adoptive families.
Some of those friendships are still very strong today and I'm so thankful for them!
I was encouraged in my photography
and grew in confidence and ability because of the contacts I made
and the words of affirmation I received.
This blog served me more than one purpose over the past 4 1/2 years.
And I've loved every single minute.
But its time to get back to our roots, so to speak,
and re-define this blog as a way to keep family and friends
connected to our lives, while we live apart from one another.
I will focus less on photography and more on daily life.
Over the past few months I've been increasingly aware of who's looking at the blog.
I watch carefully, seeing how many hits I receive and from where.
I've seen some things that concern me and that's where I have to draw the line.
I also have some personal reasons for going private that I just don't feel
comfortable sharing right now.
But for the privacy and safety of my family,
this decision is best.
Thank you to all who have taken an interest in our lives.
I'm humbled that so many care about our little family!
If you would like to continue following our journey,
please leave me a comment with your e-mail address or send me an e-mail
and I will consider adding you to our invite list.
Just know that family will be added first :-)
You can also send me a friend request on facebook if you'd like to keep in touch that way.
If you were interested more in my photography, rather than in the family
feel free to follow me on my photography blog
or like me on facebook (Melinda Brown Photography).
Again, thank you for the past 4 1/2 years!!
Its been an incredible journey so far
but the fun is just beginning!
I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us in the years to come :-)








No comments:
Post a Comment